BB Creams are all the rage this year, and here at CupCase we are loving this versatile moisturizer that takes care of quite a few beauty musts all in one bottle. If there’s one beauty item you have to have this summer it’s got to be a BB Cream!
So what is a BB Cream exactly? Well the B’s usually stand for Beauty, Blemish, Balm or Benefit to highlight their all-in-one formula. BB Creams serve as moisturizers, make-up base (they’re tinted), anti-aging creams (many have antioxidants and other wrinkle-reducing ingredients) and finally an SPF to protect that beautiful skin you’re applying it to! BB Creams came to the U.S. from those smart gals overseas where in Europe, Asia and even Australia they’re all the rage.
No longer do you need to tote around 3-4 different tubes in your beach bag, purse or overnight bag; just toss in a BB cream and all your beauty facial needs are solved. We’ve got a few favorite BB creams to recommend to you. Let us know your favorites!
1) Garnier BB Cream, Miracle Skin Perfecter – For cost-conscious ladies, Garnier, which can be found in most drug and grocery stores, has a great BB cream with Vitamin C. They say it evens tone, hydrates, renews, protects and brightens. Plus, it comes in two different shades: Light/Medium and Medium/Deep.
2) Clinique Age Defense BB Cream – We’ve long been a fan of Clinique products from our teenage days, so we’re happy to see their version of a BB cream. This one comes in three shades for a greater variety of skin tones. It has a 30 SPF, antioxidants, primer and blemish cover-up included.
3) Estee Lauder Day Wear BB Cream – Estee Lauder is another classic you can always count on. Their take on the BB Cream comes with a 35 SPF, super anti-oxidant complex, hydration and two tints. They say their cream delivers an instant, even-toned healthy look.
4) L’Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream – L’Oreal Paris makes a BB cream with beautifying beads, which are encapsulated pigments infused in an ultra-light lotion with antioxidants Vitamins C&E. They claim their brand hydrates, corrects, evens and perfects. It comes in four shades.
5) Kiehl’s BB Cream – Count on Kiehl’s when it comes to quality beauty products for sensitive skin! Kiehl’s BB Cream has an SPF of 50, Vitamin C, corrects skin tone irregularities and conceals imperfections. Theirs is paraben, fragrance, mineral oil and silicone free, safe for sensitive skin.
We found most of the BB creams cost between $35-$40 per bottle, but considering you’re getting multiple products in one, it’s a pretty good value. L’Oreal Paris and Garnier’s versions were less than $15 each.
When it comes right down to it, we give BB creams an A this summer! Head to your nearest Ulta, Sephora, department store or drug store and find the one that’s right for you. See you looking gorgeous on the beaches this summer, ladies!