Don’t throw away old lingerie. Put it to work! You can use good lingerie you no longer wear to decorate your home, to hold change and even help with household chores. Seriously… Of course, your bras should last much longer protected by a CupCase!
Here are a few suggestions:
- The Frugal Decorating Diva suggests cutting some of the lace, textures, bows and other embellishments from lingerie and using them as trim on a lampshade or to accent a hand towel.
- Boldsky.com suggests sewing the cups of an old, but good bra together and adding a zipper across the top of the cups to create a pretty coin purse or jewelry pouch.
- A silky nightgown can be transformed into a silky pillow, accented with lace, bows and buttons from other pieces of lingerie.
- Greenyour.com suggests reusing stockings/hosiery as giant elastics. Take one leg of a stocking and tie it together. Use it as a giant elastic around a garbage can to keep the bag in place, or use the elastic to keep recycled newspapers/magazines together.
- Here’s another good one: Take your old nylons and stretch them over a wire hanger. Use this contraption to scoop debris out of your fish tank or outdoor water feature.
- Greenyour.com also says if you’ve dropped something small on the floor and can’t find it, attach the toe end of a pair of nylons to the end of your vacuum cleaner, secure w/ a rubber band and turn it on. Gently pass over the area in question. The item in question should be stuck to the end of the hose! We think that’s genius and should save a lot of time crawling around on the floor with a flashlight! Been there, done that!
We pay a lot for our lingerie, might as well get as many miles out of the items as we can! Let us know if you have any great tips for reusing/recycling old lingerie!