Too much of anything is never a good thing. These are words to live by when packing for a trip. Packing light makes sense, especially since the airlines charge astronomical fees for checked and overweight bags. And even if you’re driving, why drag half your closet if you don’t have to?
Packing light requires planning, so stay focused by making a list. The list keeps your thoughts organized and you’ll be less likely to pack that cute lime tube top that matches nothing in the suitcase. For your travel wardrobe, chose a three-color color scheme like black, white and plum (so hot for the fall). Pants and skirts should be dark solids and splashes of color can show up in tops and extras like scarves.
CupCase has put together the ultimate packing list for your next trip:
1. A versatile dress, like a wrap dress, preferably in a solid color such as black. Dress it up with heels, dress it down with flats.
2. Dark denim or black skinny jeans. With heels, you’ll look fab for a night out on the town. With flats, you’re cute and comfy while shopping and touring the town.
3. A tank top and cardigan that can be layered for warmth. Choose colors that coordinate with the pants and skirts you pack.
4. Casual skirts or shorts in white, dark denim or black.
5. A casual top or tunic in a fun color that can be worn with the shorts or jeans you’ve packed.
6. A tote bag for the beach or to use when shopping for souvenirs.
7. Workout clothes and athletic shoes. Just because you’re on vacay doesn’t mean you can be la-zay!
8. Pack two pairs of shoes (in addition to the running shoes). Hear that girls? Two! Flats or sandals and hot heels. Chose another pair of your favorites (maybe wedges or boots) and wear them on the trip. Just make sure they coordinate with all the clothes you have packed.
9. Lingerie and underwear. Check your clothes and pack the proper undergarments. Do you need Spanx? A strapless bra? Boy shorts? Don’t forget the staples: a pair of underwear for everyday plus two more and pack bras — two. If it’s a romantic getaway, pack something sexy. And of course, all your lingerie should arrive in style! Order a new CupCase today for that special trip!
10. Extras! A colorful wrap for a pop of color against the black and white clothes you have packed. A wrap bracelet, long necklace and gold earrings can be worn with everything. And don’t forget, these little bobbles will fit into your CupCase, too!
Did we miss anything? What’s a traveling must-have for you fashionable ladies out there?